There are certain people in every workplace that can be a complete pain. They’re the ones who cause trouble, who spread negativity, and who just plain suck. But even worse, they tend to be the ones that everyone seems to gravitate towards.
If you’re one of these people and you don’t know it, it may be time to start paying attention. There are signs that you’re the toxic one, and if you want to stay in your company long-term, it’s important that you work on fixing them before it goes too far. In this blog post, we will explore seven signs that you may be the toxic one in your workplace. From undermining others to being a constant complainer, read on to learn more about how to fix your problem before it gets too big.
You’re always taking things out on loved ones
You’re always criticizing them, nitpicking everything they do, and making them feel like they can’t do anything right. You’ve made your relationships pretty difficult to maintain, and you may even be pushing your loved ones away.
You’re constantly fighting with your partner or friends
If you’re constantly fighting with your partner or friends, it might be time to take a step back and reevaluate your relationship. You might be contributing to the problem by being toxic. Here are some signs that you’re the toxic one:
-You argue about petty things.
-You find it difficult to compromise.
-You can’t stand seeing your partner upset or unhappy.
-You make life difficult for them without reason.
-You resort to name calling or insults as a way of dealing with disagreements.
You can never seem to get along with anyone
1. You’re always attacking others without provocation.
2. You can never seem to take criticism well.
3. You always put your own needs first and forget about the other person’s feelings.
4. You find it hard to get along with anyone, even family or friends.
5. You frequently find yourself fighting with people, even if it’s just verbal sparring matches.
You can never seem to make a good impression
1. You always seem to be arguing with people.
2. You find it difficult to maintain any type of friendly relationship with others.
3. You’re constantly putting other people down.
4. People have a hard time trusting you, even after knowing you for a short period of time.
5. You never seem to learn from your mistakes, or take any accountability for them.
You always end up in arguments with strangers
1. You always end up in arguments with strangers.
2. You find yourself taking things personally even when no one is actually attacking you.
3. You can’t seem to stay away from conflict, and it seems to follow you around like a bad penny.
4. You compulsively lash out at anyone who opposes your views or tries to have a conversation with you without initially agreeing with you.
5. It feels like anytime someone disagrees with you, they must be wrong and evil incarnate.
6. In the past, when your aggression has been challenged, you’ve resorted to name-calling and insults rather than engaging in a rational discussion.
7. You feel overwhelming anger whenever anything goes wrong in your life – even seemingly small things can set off a chain reaction of bitterness and resentment inside of you.
You always seem to be sick
If you’re constantly sick and it seems like no matter what you do, you can’t seem to get better, there may be a good chance that you are the toxic one in your relationship. Here are some signs that suggest you may be poisoning your partner:
You consistently complain about every little thing.
Your partner always seems irritated or fed up.
Your arguments always seem to spiral out of control.
You withdraw from your partner and become isolated.
Your partner starts avoiding social events with you.
Toxic people can be difficult to deal with, but if you know the early signs that you might be Toxic, it can make things a lot easier. If you notice that any of the following are happening to you more often than not, it might be time to take a step back and reassess your relationships.