As the economy starts to improve, more and more people are thinking about selling their homes. But before you put your house on the market, there are a few things you can do to make it stand out from the rest. One of the quickest and easiest ways to boost your home’s resale value is by implementing some home enhancements.
From new paint jobs to updated flooring and more, these upgrades will definitely add value to your property. Not sure which enhancements to make? Check out our list of home enhancements guaranteed to boost your property’s resale value.
Properly Cleaning Your Home
There are certain home enhancements that can be guaranteed to boost your property’s resale value. Home cleaning is one of these enhancements, and it is important to properly clean your home if you want to maximize its potential for sale. Here are some tips for cleaning your home:
1. Clean all surfaces and areas that receive regular use. This includes floors, countertops, appliances, window sills, and railings, as well as any furniture or decorations that may accumulate dirt and dust over time.
2. Sweep and vacuum every surface once a week. Dust regularly accumulated on surfaces like shelves and lamps should also be swept and vacuumed.
3. Bleach hardwood floors weekly with a diluted solution of bleach and water (1 part bleach to 10 parts water). Allow the floor to dry completely before using wood flooring again.
4. Remove pet hair from furniture using a vacuum cleaner with rotating brushes or a damp cloth sprayed with a pet-appropriate disinfectant such as 409 or Pine-sol. Be sure to remove excess water before storing furniture for later use.
5. Wash windowsills, frames, screens, caulking around windows and doors, porch rails, gutters, downspouts, and trims around doors and windows at least once per year in hot weather conditions. Use a power washer if desired; just be sure not to hit any gutter guards when removing the trim around the edge of the roof or fascia boards near the house.
Getting a Home Inspection
When you are ready to sell your home, one of the first things you should do is have it inspected. An inspection can identify any potential problems with the property and can help you determine whether any home improvements are needed in order to increase its resale value.
Home inspections typically cost around $200, but you may be able to find a discount if you use a specific inspector or if you book the inspection well in advance. The inspection should cover all aspects of the property, including:
The structure and roofing
The electrical, plumbing, and heating systems
The floors and walls
Windows and doors
Landscaping and water features
The inspection report will detail any problems that were found, as well as suggested repairs or upgrades. If any significant issues are identified, it’s important to get them fixed right away so that your home doesn’t lose its appeal to potential buyers. By doing a thorough home inspection before selling your home, you can ensure that it sells at its best price possible.
Updating Your Lighting
Looking to update the lighting in your home but unsure where to start? Check out our top tips for updating your home’s lighting.
1. Start with the Base Lightings: If you have basic light fixtures like a switch plate or a recessed light, it’s time to replace them. These fixtures can get dated easily and don’t usually provide enough illumination for areas of your home such as hallways and bathrooms. Newer light fixtures are available in a variety of styles and colors, so be sure to choose something that will compliment your home’s style.
2. Update Your Chandeliers: A chandelier is a great way to add brightness and appeal to any room in your home. But if it’s been a while since it was last replaced, it might be time for an upgrade. Chandeliers come in different shapes and sizes, so make sure you find one that fits the space perfectly. And don’t forget the crystals! They can add an extra level of sparkle and glamour to any chandelier.
3. Bring Out Bright Lights: One of the best ways to brighten up a room is by adding more floor lights. Floor lights are perfect for areas like hallways and bedrooms where natural light isn’t always available. And if you have kids or pets, installing motion-activated lights can help keep them safe at night while still providing some lovely illumination during the day.
4. Add Accents with Pendants: A pendant is a great way to add a touch of luxury and elegance to any room in your home. They come in all different shapes and sizes, so be sure to find one that will fit the style of your home perfectly. And don’t forget the crystals! They can add an extra level of sparkle and glamour to any pendant.
5. Upgrade Your Chandelier Shades: If you have a chandelier with sheer or delicate shades, it might be time for an upgrade. Replace these shades with something more durable and resistant to fading or tarnishing. And don’t forget the crystals! They can add an extra level of sparkle and glamour to any chandelier shade.
Installing New Windows
Installing new windows can significantly increase the value of your property. New windows can improve the appearance of your home, making it more attractive to potential buyers or renters. They can also increase the energy efficiency of your home, which can lower energy bills and make it more attractive to environmentally conscious buyers.
Additionally, new windows can improve the security of your home, which is an important factor for many buyers. All of these benefits can increase the value of your property, making it more appealing to potential buyers or renters and potentially increasing the sale price. In order to maximize the value of your property, it’s important to choose high-quality windows that are energy efficient and well-insulated, as these will offer the greatest benefits.
Putting in Hardwood Floors
Putting in hardwood floors can be a great way to increase the value of your home. Hardwood floors are usually very durable and last for many years, making them a good option for people who live in homes that are likely to be sold quickly. Additionally, hardwood floors can add a lot of character and personality to a home, which can make it more appealing to potential buyers.
Adding a new roof to your home can be a great way to increase its value and make it more comfortable for you and your family. A new roof can also help protect your home from weather damage, making it a smart investment. Here are some tips for getting a new roof installed on your home:
1. Talk to an installer about the best option for your home. Different types of roofs require different installation techniques, so it’s important to choose an installer who is experienced with that type of roofing.
2. Check the quality of the materials used in the construction of the roof. Make sure that the roofing materials are durable and waterproof, and that they will match the color and style of your home.
3. Choose a contractor who has experience installing roofs on homes like yours. A qualified contractor will know how to install the right type of roof, in accordance with your specific needs, and will take care during installation to preserve any existing features on your home.
If you’re thinking of selling your home in the near future, there are a few things you can do to make it more appealing to potential buyers. One of the most important things you can do is ensure that your home looks its best — and if you can improve certain aspects of your property, chances are that buyers will be more likely to want to take a closer look. Check out our list of home enhancements guaranteed to boost your property’s resale value, and get started on making your house shine like the diamond it really is!